Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I Heart Little Projects

Between two socks, I needed a break. So I rifled through my stash of magazines and pattern printouts and found Interweave Knits Summer 2005 issue and the Heart Sachet. Perfect for a little baby on the way whose mama likes this awful burlap twine, I mean, Noro. The colors are wonderful, but the texture is wayyy too much like a Brillo pad. So here was my chance to try it out.

I selected Noro Silk Garden Lite because it felt better than the rest and was the smallest gauge I could find at Unraveled. Also, I figured the "Lite" title meant that it would burn calories while I knitted.

Here was the progress on the heart after a day of noodling. This is a pattern that you take on faith alone. How else do you explain a triangular pattern chart that really makes a square. It was fun to try, and I really liked how quickly each square formed - once I stopped trying to do other things at the same time. And look how the Noro color way is doing its thing:



Here is it yesterday with one square to go:






This is the back of the heart - and I must admit, it is the dark side. The gaping mouth sort of reminded me of a baby waiting to be fed (patiently, while you finish a row of knitting, of course) like a baby bird - which is appropriate because today turned into Baby Bird Field trip day - but I'll leave that for another post.

Here is the heart all stuffed and mattress stitched with a little crocheted loop. The loop will either faciliate hanging or improve its use as a weapon as said baby gets a bit older.





Enjoy, little one!

3 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Gorgeous! It totally burned calories while you knitted it....I knew you looked sunken at knitnite last night, so many calories burned. You may need one of those chocolate cookies to build up your strength.

Its lovely!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I love that!

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Ketutar said...

If it feels like brillo pad, then one could make these to be used as scrubs... Really cute :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home