Saturday, May 06, 2006

Jesus Loves Me

We have been so fortunate to be involved with Community Bible Study this year at Gayton Baptist. The children's program has been the most impressive with a great Junior CBS class for homeschoolers. To end the year, the younger children sang songs they had been practicing. It was really cute (and why is it that at least one little girl has to pull her dress up over her head while in front of a large group? I don't know why - I'm just glad it wasn't mine - this time!). Here they all are, lined up for the fun (with no underwear showing)!



My little sheep is the one in the middle with the yellow bow.

To thank my son's and daughter's teachers, I knitted prayer shawls for each of them.



The blue one made it's appearance earlier, but here is the green one (for the teacher of the "green sheep"). It's being modeled by the sweetest little stuffed lamb that was a gift for the childcare coordinator. I worked this one on 13 needles using Knit Picks' Suri Dream in Fern. The color is a bit brighter than this is showing. I really liked how much more open and airy the 13's made this shawl (vs. the 11's I used for the blue one). So wonderfully meditative: CO a number of stitches that is divisible by 3, then *K1, YO, K2tog * Repeat this over and over - for every row, both sides until you are done. Beautifully simple. Hope these sweet ladies enjoy the warmth of prayer on a chilly morning and remember all of their little sheep.

3 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Okay...I feel like I was led to your blog. I am starting a shawl ministry at our church and I was stressing on teaching knit and purl in one night for the shawl. I like your pattern soooo much better. I also *gasp* bought the Suri Dream in fern and size 13 Addis for this project.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Brianne said...

I was in Community Bible Study before we moved to another state and I LOVED it! I taught the 1-year-old class and it was the biggest blessing ever.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

this is absolutely gorgeous! i have been thinking and praying about the idea of starting a prayer shawl ministry at my church and this just might do it. how many did you cast on here? did it go pretty fast? love it love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home