Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Fear of Needles

I'm ready to start planning my next sock project. Time to try Magic Loop!



Since I have to mail order the small 40" circulars that I'll need, I want to get the right size needle the first time. I attempting the Magic Loop Winter Sock so I can follow the booklet's plan with the least possible variance. It calls for worsted weight (!) yarn and a size 5 (or - everybody join along! - WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE GAUGE!). They're getting 6 st/in. in the rib pattern they use, so I broke out the dpns to make a test swatch in the round. The tricky part is the only worsted weight I have now is Cascade 220. Galway by Plymouth through Patternworks looks like a candidate (anyone use this before?), but I want to get the needles (10% off through the 29th!) at the same time as the yarn - thus the Cascade. Hope it's close in weight or I am going to miss the mark entirely. A 3 was too big, and I'm working on a 2 now. Wish me luck!

I'm going to join Suzanne in a little mini KAL for Magic Loop. Anyone want to join along? By join, I mean drive-the-train-because-I'm-heading-for-a-cliff, but hey, maybe it'll be fun!

4 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

You are on fire! sox, back making, even sox modeling! So much to see.

I really like the bag idea. Coolio!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I'm currently knitting on my very first sock via Magic Loop and so far, so good, but I'm a slow knitter so don't know if I'd qualify for a knit-along with you guys, (if you're going to have any kind of deadline, that is). I'm about done with the cuff and leg and ready to start the heel flap -- here's where it starts to get scary!

I was able to find 40" small-gauge needles (Addi Turbos) at Unraveled, by the way, but it sounds like you're getting them at a discount online.

Speaking of knit-alongs, there's a Magic Loop Yahoo group knit-along, as well as a First Time Sock Knitters Yahoo group knit-along, of which I'm a member of both, and thankfully neither have deadlines.

Best of all, (for me, anyway), there's a lady in my knitting group who knows the Magic Loop sock method and is teaching me at every step of the way, so I'm really blessed in that area! :-)

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger  said...

Realizing he might have dug himself in there,Microsoft Office 2010the general emphasized that Office 2010he had spent some time as a junior Office 2007officer working "very closely Microsoft Officewith the Israeli air force" and that heMicrosoft Office 2007had found that "more cosmopolitan,Office 2007 key liberal version of the Israeli population" Office 2007 downloadto be just chock full Office 2007 Professionalof that sort of "goodwill" necessary Windows 7to give a bunch of land back Microsoft outlook 2010to the Palestinians.

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger britney sayers said...

http://www.fishingcostaricaexperts.com/
 
Costa rica Fishing

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home