Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sunday Fun

After yesterday's gloomy, rain soaked day, I was still in hunker down mode this morning. I really wanted to get a cup of coffee and knit. But not on the sock - more later. So I dragged out my ArtYarns tutorials to try some directional knitting. Fun! Here's Tutorial One Part One, a right triangle:



And here is the rest of the square, Tutorial Two:



I wanted to give these a try so I could tell if I could do a multi-directional scarf for my daughter with her fun Kool Aid yarn. I think I can do it now.

The sock is a different story. I am dreading knitting on it. I am positive it is too big for anyone, maybe even me. So sure am I, that I don't even want to try it on. But I know I must. So here it is in it's largeness, before my son's foot gives a good stretch. Although, on this sock, that would not be a good thing.



I'm still loving the yarn, so it wouldn't be horrible to redo this. Just not my idea of fun, you know?

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I would totally like to sock together! I sock all the time. We could have a sock-a-month club!

I have been absolutely fascinated by the kool aid dying. Wild stuff! I am going to have to make some self striping for myself--or like you, have the kids make it for themselves.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I love the yarn you're using for the artyarns tutorial. I get those emails, too, but haven't tried it yet -- one of these days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home