Thursday, April 06, 2006

Piece Work

This week has been a whirlwind of home improvement work (prepping, supervising, cleaning up), so I have left knitting alone. I think there might have been two 24-hour periods this week where no yarn was worked. Ack!



I did manage to work up my block for Second Saturday at Quilter's Corner's (in Sycamore Square in Midlothian, Virginia). They are having a block-a-month activity where you get the next month's block fabric and pattern for free on the second Saturday of each month - but only if you completed the previous month's block. There was a slight sign up cost, but all the fabric, patterns, and Thangles are included. I wanted to do a little quilting on a regular basis, but without increasing the stuff in my house and this looked like fun. This block took about an hour to complete. I signed up for the "Bright" color group and I get a chuckle every month when I get my packet with my name and the word "Bright" underneath it.



My mom would be proud. Good thing that I didn't sign up for the "Dull" color group!

The block is photographed on the new bathroom floor. That's my other piece work project. Floor: check. Vanity: check. Sink: No go! I was hoping for a finished shot soon, but the plumber had issues today, including releasing a geyser of hot water all over the bathroom. Now there is a fun leak downstairs over my head as I type. I don't know if our bathroom will ever get pieced back together.




I think I'm going to go find my knitting!

2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Denim makes it shrink 10-15%....I'm not advanced enough to know what that does to an armcycle...so far I have stuck to the for-denim patterns I can find. BUT it is certainly possible to do other things with denim. The yarn wears like IRON and once it is knitted it cannot be destroyed, only gets better with abuse.

Great for kids.

Inspite of its hassles (like washing and then untangling the sewing-up yarn) it is so worth it to knit with denim. It wears well, it works beautifully for kids, and it can be dried in the drier. LOVELY!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Reading your bathroom hassles makes me uneasy, since my bathroom needs some work. But since it's the only one in the house, I'll have to move out if I ever want to get it fixed up decently.

If you're happy with your "guy", I might have to get the info from you....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home