Friday, March 31, 2006

Kool Aid Fever - Part Two



Forgot an important step - don't forget to sniff the dye!
The Orange flavor smells the best and seems to be the predominant smell in the finished skein.



Check out the finished products (the yarn, not the kids!).



Sissy's yarn on the left got a bit muddied by the red dye that I poured over her yarn. The resulting purple looks a bit dark, but she likes it - so it's perfect.


I'm amazed at how bright the colors are. I thought that doubling the Kool Aid amount in the dye recipe would make it less pastel, but these colors are amazing. My favorites: the Orange and Strawberry colors.

By the way - we used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Natural. I tied the hanks two more times (for a total of four ties) with Lion Brand Microspun in White - and suprisingly, it dyed really well.

More to follow with Kool Aid Fever - Part Three!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home