Friday, March 17, 2006

Hooray for Storm Doors!


I was so pleased to discover that by opening my front door and the front closet, I have the perfect distance to hang a hank of yarn for winding. I don't need no stinkin' swifter! Well, actually I do, so I am very glad to have a friend who is happy to share! But for one hank - the door set up is perfect. As windy and chilly as it was yesterday, this couldn't have happened without the storm door.

I was even more pleased to see that Holly Spring Home Spun (also know by me as Spring Sprung - I can't get the name straight!) had mailed me another hank of this yummy Art Yarns Supermerino. The two I had weren't adding up to a full scarf with Amy's Scarf pattern. Two skeins = only 30" length. To save a drive, I asked them to ship it to me. Hoping one more would do the trick and killing time waiting for the yarn, I looked over the pattern again. AHA! Amy used Ultramerino and two 100 g skeins (188yds). I'm using (total) three 50g skeins (104 y each) of the Supermerino. Maybe I should have noticed this a bit earlier! Any way, the needles will be cranking to get this one done - because I can wear it now. Love this yarn (even if it's not the right one!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home