Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ribbons of Thanks



A recent blog post made me think about how we help friends in trying times. We always want to do something and when the situation is bad, we want to do even more. It made me realize that I wait too often until there is a "situation" before I let folks know how important they are to me or how much I appreciate them. It also made me so very thankful for the help I get from others when nothing spectacular is happening.

So, inspired by the trials of others, I cast on a project to celebrate how wonderfully normal life can be, wishing others continued happiness and days of unadventure. This ribbon scarf is being knit with thanksgiving prayers for the wonderful help others bring to my life.

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot think of anything grander than to knit a prayer of thanksgiving into a scarf. It truely becomes an act of worship and praise. What a wonderful way to use the gifts God has given you!
Marguerite

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I agree with Marguerite!

And such pretty colors in that scarf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home