Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Feast Of Finished Finds

I have been focusing on finishing started projects, and the results are starting to show!

Here is the latest prayer shawl I finished:



It was done with 4 skeins of Knit Picks Suri Dream (Blueberry) on size #10 needles using a fun three stitch repeat. After casting on 69 stitches, each row consisted of *K, YO, K2tog. Repeat from * until your yarn runs out. Very rhythmic and meditative (once I got into the pattern), but rather slow with this yarn because I had a hard time seeing the two stitches to knit together. Lighter colored needles helped a lot (thanks Pam!). Here's a close up of the pattern made by the three stitch repeat:



Also in the "stick me I'm done" category is the Fire Tire. With its lumpy decreases, I didn't think it was going to wearable. It was knitted on #2 dpns with Sock Something from Knit Picks in Zinnia. Here it is before blocking:



After full-immersion, I stretched its stripey loudness out on the plaid ironing board (My eyes! My eyes!) and pinned it into submission:



After drying and releasing it, here it is on the only willing model I could find:



A couple of more projects are getting wrapped up (pun intended!) and I can't wait to share them. Let's just hope that Blogger will cooperate!

3 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I am familiar with that model.....I may have used it a few times myself!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I like your prayer shawl, Anne Margaret! Do you knit with any particular church's prayer shawl ministry?

I'm glad to find yet another Richmond-area knit-blogger. I will be adding you to my blogroll very shortly!

Stop by and visit me sometime at: http://marysvirginwool.blogspot.com/

:-)

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I have a [awesome] plaid ironing board. That tie is rocking that plaid ironing board.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home