Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Feast Of Finished Finds

I have been focusing on finishing started projects, and the results are starting to show!

Here is the latest prayer shawl I finished:



It was done with 4 skeins of Knit Picks Suri Dream (Blueberry) on size #10 needles using a fun three stitch repeat. After casting on 69 stitches, each row consisted of *K, YO, K2tog. Repeat from * until your yarn runs out. Very rhythmic and meditative (once I got into the pattern), but rather slow with this yarn because I had a hard time seeing the two stitches to knit together. Lighter colored needles helped a lot (thanks Pam!). Here's a close up of the pattern made by the three stitch repeat:



Also in the "stick me I'm done" category is the Fire Tire. With its lumpy decreases, I didn't think it was going to wearable. It was knitted on #2 dpns with Sock Something from Knit Picks in Zinnia. Here it is before blocking:



After full-immersion, I stretched its stripey loudness out on the plaid ironing board (My eyes! My eyes!) and pinned it into submission:



After drying and releasing it, here it is on the only willing model I could find:



A couple of more projects are getting wrapped up (pun intended!) and I can't wait to share them. Let's just hope that Blogger will cooperate!

6 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I am familiar with that model.....I may have used it a few times myself!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I like your prayer shawl, Anne Margaret! Do you knit with any particular church's prayer shawl ministry?

I'm glad to find yet another Richmond-area knit-blogger. I will be adding you to my blogroll very shortly!

Stop by and visit me sometime at: http://marysvirginwool.blogspot.com/

:-)

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger M said...

Oh I have a [awesome] plaid ironing board. That tie is rocking that plaid ironing board.

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger weddingdresses said...

The Power Balance bracelet is made of pure surgical grade silicone that is extremely durable. Its stretch feature optimizes users' comfort level. It comes equipped with two, visible power balance holograms and this sporty and stylish bracelet goes with everything.

Specification:

Silicone Power Balance Wristband Bracelet
The band made of 100% silicone rubber
With 2 visible hologram disks for balance power,waterproof.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger britney sayers said...

http://www.fishingcostaricaexperts.com/
 
Costa rica Fishing

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Wonderful Jewelry said...

fashion jewelry wholesale
wholesale fashion jewelry
china jewelry wholesale
china fashion jewelry
jewelry wholesale china
fashion jewelry china
wholesale jewelry
jewelry wholesale



Buy fashion jewelry wholesale from China? We strongly recommend you to check fashion jewelry wholesale online shop, where you can buy crystal jewelry wholesale, cubic zirconia jewelry wholesale, cz jewelry wholesale, pearl jewelry wholesale, All of this jewelry are in top quality.
As well as they supply stainless steel jewelry wholesale, fashion jewelry wholesale, silver jewelry wholesale, costume jewelry wholesale, jewelry wholesale from china. Welcome to inquiry. fashion jewelry

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home