Saturday, May 06, 2006

Garden Friday

We planted our garden yesterday! We don't really have a good space for a "real" garden, so I decided to get a bunch of pots this year and see what happens. The kids and I planted tomatoes, bell peppers, and cucumber plants. We also tucked in some watermelon, birdhouse gourd, sunflower, and nasturtium seeds.



To celebrate, I thought that I'd start a weekly entry to track the progress (optimism!) of our little attempt at growing what we eat. I had to snap a few pictures of what else was happening, too. Anyone else have a garden to share?



Cute pots ready to liven up the deck.



The irises are going crazy. I was worried about all the colors at one time (looks like "clown pants" one neighbor commented on his pansies), but lost track of which plant was which color when I moved them. Now there are a sea of color and I really like how this bed looks.



The pink peonies are busting loose. And what is that large white flower



The Reverse Bloom Flower Washcloth from Weekend Knitting in Holly Spring Homespun Cotton Chenille. One of the most fun projects I have done in a while. Used #3 dpns (not for the faint of heart). Please look surprised if this is under your tree this Christmas!


2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Love the garden! Love the flower washcloth! I those for teacher gifts over the last few years....they are fun and really really cute!

Bad news.....the Socks That Rock were all sold out when we got to the booth at 10:30 AM! None of us got any of it....they had one color left that was awful, a limpid dirty pink tha I hated (and I like pink). So sorry!

Good news.....you are now $25 richer! I'll bring the $ to Tuesday night. Sorry!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I love that washcloth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home