Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Day Two

Day Two's highlight was spending the entire day with our friends and learning about how to navigate around their wonderful city.

This is the view we had when exiting the Underground station - wow!



And a couple of blocks later - my son at the entrance to Westminster Abbey:


We made it to Tate Modern for lunch where the kids explored the Shibboleth exhibit " a long, snaking crack across the vast length" of the concrete floor.



Next up - a stroll across the Millennium bridge to St. Paul's. Unfortunately, we missed the last admission time by 25 minutes, so we headed home "early".



Can you tell from this picture that my daughter loved being on her Daddy's team (Team Takes the Lead). My son and I made up Team Walks A Lot - and we all lived up to that name!

Not bad for the first full day for four folks still trying to figure what time it was.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger amy said...

looks like fun! looks chilly--you probably didn't even need a coat. I hope you post 3 times today, I've missed the reading!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger dottycookie said...

The Tate Modern is my children's favourite spot in London. They loved running down the slope in the Turbine hall and were very disturbed when Shibboleth was installed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home