Monday, February 11, 2008

Sweetheart Bags

My daughter's birthday combined with my destashing efforts led me to think up felted purses for the girls' goodie bags. Since our theme was "Sweetheart Party", I started with a heart motif knit on straight needles. After two, I realized I needed to switch to circulars to make my deadline. I deleted the heart and hoped to find an embellishment later. I used Lion Brand's Felted Trick or Treat Bag as a starting point and added a striped bottom and a self-charted heart motif.

After eight bags, many ribbon handle auditions, and a bit of painting by my daughter, I give you the Sweetheart Eight. And yes, I'm making you look at every. last. one.

















This is the back of one of the hearts - she made faces for her friends, each as different as the bags and girls they were going to.



All ready for the party!



Such a fun project!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Madge said...

You are one amazing knitter! the needles must be clicking all of the time! Cute Bags!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

WOW WOW WOWIE! Destashing has never looked so beautiful or as cute! And you did this for all of the partygoers? I am such a bad mom I did not even have a party for my kids this year--of course, it was crunchtime at school and work and with Xmas...but they are still asking me for parties. And here you are making personalized bags?

If I lean really close to the screen will your supermommy powers rub off on me?

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Wow, this is such a great idea! I'm definitely going to have to keep this in mind for my daughter's next birthday... They all look amazing!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger mama k said...

Woah! That's dedication mama! Great job.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger amy said...

now we know where you've been! I can say that they are even more adorable (if that's possible) in person! once you get goin', you just keep right on going and going and going....

I'm sure they were a huge hit.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Absolutely adorable! I wish I had one for myself!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger dottycookie said...

Those are fabulous, really fabulous. I sewwed party bags last time but it never occurred to me to felt some! Wonderful job, and I am storing away the heart tags in my memory for our next party ...

Loving your blog, by the way. I found you via an old link on kiddley for your melted crayons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home