Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Comfort Food

I'm a little under the weather here today, so when I saw Thimble's Chocolate Pudding Cake recipe today, I was hungry for comfort food.



The thick brownie-like cake batter is covered with a cocoa/brown sugar mixture, then hot water is poured over the whole thing. Very dubiously, I slid it in the oven and returned to the couch.



Imagine my surprise 45 minutes later when this molten, chocolaty goo-laced cake came out of the oven. The magic pudding layer was bubbling out from underneath the cake. (Can I say it - the proof was in the pudding!)



I think that I might cut back a bit on the sugar and increase the cocoa a tad, but overall, this was just what the doctor ordered for today.




As you can see, I had no problems completing this prescription. Now, I wonder what this would taste like with some ice cream on top....

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Mmmm, that looks excellent! I'm definitely going to have to give that a try! :0)

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Laural said...

It does look good. And it can only get better with ice cream!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Yum! I'm sorry that you're feeling poorly. I hope you're back on your feet soon!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger amy said...

mmmm, I want some! gonna check out the recipe for myself. hope you feel better soon! let me know if you need anything.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Mary said...

That looks amazing, Anne Margaret -- thanks for sharing the link to the recipe!

Hope you're feeling better, too! :-)

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger tpjewelry said...

Kauf und Verkauf von Gold in den thomas sabo Goldmarkt hat viel an Popularität gewonnen,

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger tpjewelry said...

Kauf und Verkauf von Gold in den thomas sabo Goldmarkt hat viel an Popularität gewonnen,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home