Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring Boot Planter

We turned a pair of well-worn rubber boots into fun spring planters for pansies.


Here's what we did:

1. My son drilled the holes in the soles of the boots for better drainage.


2. My daughter cut out some landscaping fabric to fit the inside of the boot and prevent loss of soil. She traced the outside of the boot on the fabric and cut it out. Talk about breathable insoles!


3. I filled the boots with soil and the kids popped in the pansies. My daughter then gave them a good soaking with her dinosaur watering can.


4. Our last step was to place them by the front door to brighten a winter-weary porch.



Now, the boots are supposed to have dirt in them!

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Adorable boot planter. I might have to try that!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

I saw these on the porch - love them!!!! Way charming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home