Monday, March 12, 2007

Mulch Madness

We're big basketball fans around here, but this weekend was all about MULCH Madness! Instead of the Sweet 16, we wound up with SIXTEEN cu. yds. of mulch. Not so sweet.

Here's what 16 yards of mulch look like parked on the street in front of your house:



The children were not just added for scale, they were part of the team. Can I say just how happy I am that I have children that can do real work?!



Along side having grandchildren, free child labor was on the pro list for having offspring. And labor they did - all day. They just kept moving wheelbarrows. My DH kept shoveling and I kept spreading. Did I mention that this was all day?

Here was our progress at lunch time. Edging, drainage repair, and wheelbarrow made for a slow start.



After a rest in the sun:





and some lunch, we attacked the pile with a vengeance.

The ice cream truck supplied the fuel for the last push:



I couldn't believe it took the kids all day to realize this age-old entertainment:



And here we were at 4 p.m. with my son holding the last of the loose pile in his hands.



This was in my mailbox when we finished.



NOW you tell me!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Mulch spreading! Its kinda fun. One of the few things in life--like knitting--where you can see results that last at the end of it. And I love the smell!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home