Friday, January 19, 2007

Bobble-headed


My head is full of bobbles and the Bobble Snuggle I've been attempting. I am pleased to report that I finished the entire piece - bobble cast-offs and all. Why no victory celebration? It doesn't fit! Even yanked all the way down on my shoulders, it still is too short. The lower bobbled edge is dangerously close to getting me into trouble. Even my husband thinks it looks quite odd. I didn't think to try on the Snuggle before confidently bobbling while eyeing the dwindling yarn. I was so happy to have just enough yarn to finish, glad that I figured out a new technique, pleased that I reknit it once without loosing confidence. And now - nothing to show for it! I think that I need to head to Holly Spring Homespun to get a professional opinion on what is ailing my Snuggle. Dark clouds: non-fitting Snuggle, a tree that still needs to get into the attic, and a pile of to-dos on the dresser. Silver lining: road trip!

Another silver lining: I've been consoling my knitting self with Laurissa's Testalong square. So far, things look good. I even had some extra sock yarn in the right color ways (I think).



Love the little red circle center. I just can't wait to block this sucker and make it square - not so pyramid-like. Keep your fingers crossed, I need a winner.

3 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Oh, I'm sorry! It's so discouraging when something just doesn't work. I'm sure the square will come out nicely. :0)

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I think the wrap looks fine on you, in the picture. I've seen the samples knitted up at HSH, and yours looks just as nice. But perhaps I'm not seeing the issue. Hope you get it all figured out. Any old excuse to drive out to Powhatan, after all!

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

of his creation winter boots,of the San Antonio Spurs Ecco Casual Shoes.rookie record, and 46 the highest score in the.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home