Monday, March 12, 2007

Chili Cook-Off

After mulching all day, we had a chili cook-off to enter that same evening. Our church was sponsoring their First Annual Chili Cook-Off event. I used Rachel Ray's Buffalo Chicken Chili with Blue Cheese Corn Toppers (using turkey instead of chicken) because I knew it would be a little different, pretty tasty, and very quick.

The haste wasn't because we are chili fanatics, they excitement was because my son was entering his first pie-eating contest! But that is a story for someone else's blog. You HAVE to check it out!



Here is the first shot of our chili. I worked the crowd a little and before I knew it, the chili was gone. The judges didn't all even have a chance to try it. Now that I think about it - I didn't have any either!



My daughter had the best time with the dessert table and the cotton candy machine.



Eating cotton candy with friends is great - as long as everyone has their own stick!

I was so excited about the cotton candy machine that I zipped in line for my own. The kids kept getting in line in front of me because they assumed I was too tall to participate. I was a good adult and let them, but the little kid in me wanted to whine "He butted!".



All my patience (ha!) paid off as I reached the front of the line to be served by the loveliest couple. You guys rock! How cool to have carnival game and food access 24/7. I knew there was a reason I liked you guys!

But the sweetest part - we won! Twice! I was snapping the picture of the kids holding our People's Choice award when they announced our family as the winners of the First Place awarded by the judges. I was absolutely shocked and kept thinking how glad I was to have had time to grab a shower before heading over to the church.



How sweet it is!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Looks yummy...I LOVE cotton candy, I would have to butt in line for that!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Congrats on the win. The kids are adorable (and one of them is a good pie eater too!)

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Loved your boy's blog about the pie-eating contest -- so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home