Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Erin Go Braugh!

If indeed the saying means "Ireland Forever", then I'm not late posting these pics. If it means, "Blogger go Bad", then that would work too. Had the hardest time uploading photos last week, so now I have a bit of a backlog.

Growing up, St. Patrick's Day was an annual event featuring the traditional foods. My favorite was the Irish Soda Bread (mostly because of the butter rubbed on the top of the warm loaf and the sugar sprinkled on top of it). It wasn't until I was an adult that I discovered that it is supposed to have raisins in it. My dad hates raisins, so he adjusted the recipe to suit him. That's what I like about the holiday, you can adjust whatever you'd like to celebrate your own way (like posting pictures a week late!).

Here's my finest loaf. Three batches, each completely different, one inedible, and this was the tastiest. Too bad it went to friends - except for that little strip in the middle. Quality control is important, right?


I also cranked out a shamrock washcloth out of Peaches 'N Cream. It is posing beside the blooming hyacinths.


And here is my loveliest leprechaun:



This is my view sitting across from her at breakfast. She's eating her oatmeal and milk (both turned green by the leprechauns), in front of the windows decorated with shamrocks (also the leprechauns), wearing her Irish shirt and green beribboned ponytail holder, while checking out the lap book we made about St. Patrick's Day (that was also visited by the leprechauns). That's a lot of Irish!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh GAW! that soda bread looks yum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home