Monday, March 30, 2009

Who's a Bad Chicken?

The chickens are getting a bit bold as of late.

While they remain awfully fun to hang with:



We have discovered that they have a little secret. Actually several of them. As my daughter and I were clearing downed trees this weekend, we thought it was sweet that Dandelion wanted to hang out with us. Then my daughter discovered why Dandelion was hanging so close - seems that there was a little stash of eggs under one of the hemlocks. Turned out there were SEVEN eggs under there - and we never noticed.

And then my husband discovered this:



An egg - ON THE TRAMPOLINE. Technically it's on the surround, but still.

And then they had the nerve to do this:



I hear a knocking noise and go to the front door to investigate. The girls were all on the porch pecking away at the wood. Petunia even managed to knock over the pot of dead pansies you see in the background.

I think it's time to look into some fencing...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

I can't begin to tell you just how much I love those chickens..... and I've never even met them! Sooooo hugable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home