Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Uugghhh!

I was so proud of myself last week for getting a monumental painting job done. We hired a wonderful contractor to replace the screens on our porch and he recommended repainting the trim. So he ripped and I painted. I did all I could to squeeze in that time in two days to paint and almost pranced to the phone last week to call him and let him know that I was finally good to go.

So while my pencil was poised above the box to check this project off of my list, he asks me to come look at something. He then showed me how all of my paint was peeling off in sheets. I almost threw up! All that work! Apparently you really can't put latex over oil (curses to the Duron man!), so it all has to come off, be primed, and repainted. Ack!

Luckily, his stomach was heartier than mine, and he immediately started devising ways to remove the paint. Scrapers came out, and then the big gun: the power washer.


Here's my man-with-a-plan (no comments on how I had to hire one!):

All those white bits are my dream of finishing being broken into little scattered pieces (and no, I'm not being over dramatic!):



Sigh. Time to get back to work - at something!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Alycia in Va. said...

how fustrating. If you actually went to the Duron store- we've been given bad information there before too.

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Madge said...

We, too found that out about oil paints with our house on Micheals....yep, the Duron man should have known...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home