Tuesday, March 17, 2009

T-Shirt Weather

It was warm enough to wear t-shirts last week, so my daughter got to premiere her custom-made shirt:




Look a like closer. Recognize anyone?



It's Tubby! Here he is posing with his likeness:



See all that pretty trim in the background? Keep it in mind for my next post!

The idea is ala Martha and has been percolating in my mind since seeing a guest demo the idea on her show. I wish I could find a link to the show that I saw, but I can't seem to find the magic search words.

But, take heart! If you plan to make your own, it's SO easy. Just take a digital picture of your subject and fill the frame with the image (you want a good silhouette, too). Print it in b/w on your printer with regular paper. Outline the subject with a Sharpie. Trace that image onto the back of Wonder Under. Cut out the Wonder Under shape larger than the outline. Iron the shape to the back of your desired fabric. Trim right on the outline, remove the paper backing, and iron it onto your shirt. Run a little zig-zag stitch around the outline to make it out-live washings and you have your own fan t-shirt.

Can't wait to try it with Marigold! Of whom/what are you the biggest fan?

3 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Love this idea! :o)

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Alycia in Va. said...

Alright- you say it's easy so we'll give it a try. Now if I can only get our dog to sit still!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

It's perfect! I love it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home