Friday, March 06, 2009

More Mammouth Mittens

I'm a sucker for alliteration!
I had such fun with my big mittens, that I had to share. My daughter's ballet teacher is so sweet and must get inundated with end-of-year remembrances, so I thought that we'd remember her for Valentines' Day. Here is the pair I knit for her, looking sweet and demure, like Ms. Mary (and remarkably similar to mine!).



Can you read the little tag?



It says "Cold Hands, Warm Heart". I was trying to connect cold hands needing warm mittens to the current holiday and her sweetness with the girls. Not so poetic, but Ms. Mary's a knitter and she liked them. She even brought in a hat she knit for her husband out of the same color-way of yarn (but a thankfully more reasonable gauge).

So funny how knitters lurk everywhere in the "real" world.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger Charity said...

Those are so sweet! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home