Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sew Much Fun!

My daughter asked for a sewing machine for her birthday (be still my heart!), so a sewing machine she got:

Naturally, there has been a sewing explosion around here. I made this nightshirt for her out of fleece and then we made one together for her doll, Jewel:

And when a friend of hers had an American Girl birthday party, we made two identical jumpers; one for her friend's doll and one for Jewel. The applique heart was made with Chenille By the Inch - very fun to make it puff up and get fuzzy. I even found a fun heart stitch on my Bernina to add to the hem.

Both Jewel and my daughter enjoyed the party.

And last in the pageant, is the Lazy Day Skirt ( a freebie from Oliver + S - why can't they make bigger kids patterns?!), the first garment my daughter created entirely on her machine:


A quick, simple skirt, perfect for when the weather warms up this summer.


Making clothes is "sew" much fun!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Charity said...

The sewing looks like a lot of fun! I've only recently dusted off my own machine, and am planning one of those Lazy Days skirts for my younger daughter. So sweet and simple! :o)

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Nice job Erin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home