Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sew Much Fun!

My daughter asked for a sewing machine for her birthday (be still my heart!), so a sewing machine she got:

Naturally, there has been a sewing explosion around here. I made this nightshirt for her out of fleece and then we made one together for her doll, Jewel:

And when a friend of hers had an American Girl birthday party, we made two identical jumpers; one for her friend's doll and one for Jewel. The applique heart was made with Chenille By the Inch - very fun to make it puff up and get fuzzy. I even found a fun heart stitch on my Bernina to add to the hem.

Both Jewel and my daughter enjoyed the party.

And last in the pageant, is the Lazy Day Skirt ( a freebie from Oliver + S - why can't they make bigger kids patterns?!), the first garment my daughter created entirely on her machine:


A quick, simple skirt, perfect for when the weather warms up this summer.


Making clothes is "sew" much fun!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Charity said...

The sewing looks like a lot of fun! I've only recently dusted off my own machine, and am planning one of those Lazy Days skirts for my younger daughter. So sweet and simple! :o)

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Nice job Erin!

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger carrera sunglasses said...

If you would like to mqbgnyt get the complete Oakley Frogskins through online you then must have the knowledge in regards to Oakley Frogskin the various companies people who are there so that you can Cheap Oakley Sunglasses on the market. Therefore, before deciding on the low-cost Oakley Jawbone, one should consider all these kinds of issues and also make selection accordingly. For planning to save a couple of dollars, it isn't wise to choose an second-rate quality regarding products just like cheap Oakley Jawbones, which may well ultimately cause a greater form of damage just like spoiling your own face.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home