Monday, July 21, 2008

Golden Rule of Basil

The golden rule of scrapbooking is to start where you are. Don't go trying to catch up your child's album starting with a baby book if he's twelve. Put in the pictures from this year, week, month - anything to get started. Then work backward to where you left off. Well, I feel like my blog is turning into a teen and I'm working on the first birthday photos!


So (without Internet availability moans and groans) let me just start where we are:


Beneath the enormous mound of basil (and a few zinnias on the side) is a really big bowl that I thought was too big to take down to the garden to harvest basil for pesto. I only took it because I am always surprised by the bounty of the garden, so I guess that made be surprised at being surprised.

But, oh, those zinnias!



Once more with the basil:

And another surprised-at-being-surprised moment: all that basil netted less than two ice-cube trays of pesto. I tried Martha's lighter version, but still put in more basil and less oil.


Yum.

So that's where we are!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger amy said...

well, thank goodness you're back--you were seriously out of the blogging groove, my dear. I look forward to MANY more posts, and you know I always enjoy a good shot of some basil!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home