Monday, May 19, 2008

Mother's Day

We had a cool Mother's Day weekend - literally! I packed for our weekend at the River as if it were July and discovered it was more like March. (Don't ask why it has taken so long to get these up.)

The kids were entirely nonplussed with the temperature and spent hours playing on the "beach":



Daddy found time to sharpen the lawn mower blades he thought to bring from home:



I lazed around as much as possible (with children close to water and insufficiently dressed!). Mother's Day morning was a bit of deja vu. As a toddler, my son liked to wake early and I'd quickly shuffle out the door with him to allow everyone else a bit more sleep. We explored our old haunts like the crab pots on the dock:



Mud puddles are still a big draw:




And just when I thought that we'd run out of adventures, we spied the cavalry coming after us:




Special delivery of Mother's Day loot:



My favorite - coupons! They are for "Lunch", "Dirty Dishes" (unloading the dishwasher), "Wash the Car", "Day Off" (woohoo!), "Whateveryouwant" (double woohoo!), "For One Week: Feed Tubby and Feed Chickens" (complete with "buck, buck"). These are the reasons for Mother's Day!

And there was more:




My son's card has three plain circles and then a fancy Spirograph creation with the caption "You are Unique!" (SO sweet!). The kids gave me a copy of Martha's Cookies book and my daughter crafted a sleeping bed for Tiny (who I need to introduce you to) and a sewing "kit" for me:




I'm supposed to sew on the hearts myself to make a pillow. I think I might frame them instead!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Charity said...

It sounds like a wonderful time, even with the chilly temperatures! My son is the early riser in our house, too, so I can relate. Sometimes, it's so nice to have those early quiet moments with him (although sometimes, I'd sure like to sleep in!). :0)

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

What a lovely day! Way to go you super Mom you.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger amy said...

action shots of Tim--what a treat! looks like a fabulous day for a fabulous mommy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home