Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I Am So Thankful ...

I am so thankful that my husband called our satellite Internet provider and had them thwack the Big Dipper so that I can rejoin the virtual world. Man, this living in the boonies can get a bit trying.

First up: that turkey recipe was, well, a real turkey. I pulled it out an hour early and still was way too dry. Maybe if I had been there while it was baking I could have checked the internal temperature and pulled it when it was ready. But pulling it out early seems to defeat the purpose of a long bake time. Next year: I'll try the brining route.

We again enjoyed keeping a thankful tree, but this year we upgraded it to 3D! The kids found great twigs from the woods and we made paper leaves to write down things we were thankful for. Chenille stems worked great to attach the leaves.



That's Erin's hand turkey (please don't let my kids out grow this - I know I haven't).

Here's the inspiration for our leaves:



The yellows and reds peaked about the time I lost contact with the world. The draught did nothing to dim their brilliance. It was impossible to capture on film, but I thought that the leaves by themselves would tell the tale. During the peak, I almost drove off the road more times than I care to admit because I was busy marvelling at the trees. What a gift.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Glad you're back in business. :-)

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Autumn in Virginia can't be beat! Andrew is studying trees this year in Kinder. and so we have had some of those same leaves scattered over our table during the last few weeks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home