Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Pumpkin Head Beret

I'm not sure what it means when the only head model you can find around the house is a pumpkin.



This is the Tweed Beret from Interweave Knits Winter 2006. I knit the larger size first (22 1/2") for pumpkin-headed reasons, but it came out more like a rasta hat. I tried frogging back and messed it up so much, I just yanked it all out. After all, since it is labeled "Simple Knits", it was easier to just start over again.



The hat is knitted from the center out. A bit fiddly at first, but fun to watch grow. The increases make such a pretty spiral on the top. Reknitting wasn't so bad since I was knitting with Classic Elite Waterlily. Yummo! #9s got me to gauge.



A detail of the rolled edging and the decreases.

I'm so happy I made a garment that fits! Maybe I should finally start a sweater...


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Robin said...

What a well dressed pumpkin! I love that beret...you did a fantastic job!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger DustBunniesCanWait said...

Great Job! Love the Beret. You have me inspired to knit one up for myself.

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Is that sunshine I see in those pictures??!! Please send some our way...we need it desperately!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Darn - can't see the pictures on this post -- not sure what the problem is....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home