Sunday, May 13, 2007

Goodie Bags

A fun package arrived in the mail yesterday from Delight.com:



They're Envirosax's reusable grocery bags. Instead of boring, plain, bulky canvas, they are lightweight, waterproof, reusable bags made of a thin polyester that reminds me of parachute material. I first heard about them at Shelterrific and loved the fun prints. I've been trying to use less plastic grocery and shopping bags, and I thought this would make the effort much more fun.

This little red bag is about the size of a small pencil bag and it holds 5 full-size totes. Here's a peek inside:



Those are the re-folding instructions in the background.

And here are the bags in their full-size glory:



Yikes! They're HUGE. I put a half-gallon carton on the bags for scale. These bags would each easily hold two gallon jugs plus other groceries. And they're so light and thin that they easily fold back up into the little red sack.

Now, if only we lived a little closer to Trader Joe's....

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Anne,

So glad you like the bags. I've been using mine for the last couple of weeks (at our local LA Trader Joe's!) and get stopped each time by people wanting to know where to get them.

best,
Lynda
Delight.com

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger mama k said...

oh my those are pretty! I just ordered some Chico bags. They look very similar, but are solid colors instead of fun prints. I wish there was a Trader Joes near me too. The nearest one is an hour away. : (

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Madge said...

Now that I know that reusable bags are "IN" in the States...I'll send you some cool European ones. There are no grocery bags here. We always must take our own bags to the store.
Clothing stores are different, but we get to recycle them. We even have folding box crate for groceries and such. I don't mind not having bags at the grocery...my problem is remembering to take them. I always need to have one in the car, just in case I need to pop in for milk, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home