Thursday, May 17, 2007

Finished Object Report, Part II

I volunteered to help out Enthusiastically Human's rag rug project. Not so very altruistic as I knew I had t-shirts to use and needed to find a home for them. But when I read the description of who this project will help, it did tug at my heart. And even though I vowed not to crochet any more rugs, I broke out the scissors, t-shirts, and a crochet hook and gave it a try.

So here's what I came up with:



The colors don't quite match the irises as the purples are fading, but the whites are coming in nicely to compensate.



I am much more pleased with this effort than my last rug failure. The round size was challenging as I was using conflicting instructions, but I finally re crocheted until I got it to lay flat. I really like the colors and am pleased with the squishy factor that a good rug should have. I wish I had one more shirt to make it a bit bigger; it falls a few inches short of the 24" round goal.

Now I'm off to figure out the mailing!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Madge said...

Thanks AM, I think I have found my next project! I think I can manage to learn the stitch needed. But first I need to stitch together the long pink and white braid of towels I have for a rug!!!! LOL (or maybe cry for procrastination)

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, thank you thank you!!! this is wonderful--

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger aly9712 said...

Hi there,
I hope you are all enjoying your new home and getting settled. Thanks so much for sticking the extra science books in my mailbox. It was a pleasant surprise and blessing!

Take Care,
Alycia from the old neighborhood :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home