Thursday, November 08, 2007

Glad We Got the Big One


Most mornings will find Tubby and I walking down to get the paper. Occasionally, we'll even walk down together to get the mail in the afternoon. The driveway is just long enough to get cold or wet, depending on the weather, but is just the right length to catch my breath and enjoy the wonderful place we now live.

We kid Tubby for always wanting to be the "fuzzy line leader", but he trots down ahead of us, not missing a trick. I can tell how hungry he is by how close he keeps to us.

In many things, I'm a less-is-more person. However, when it comes to mailboxes, I wanted the biggest we could get away with. We mounted our first one on the existing mailbox post, but the increased size made it the perfect target for a rear-view mirror on its first week in service. The family men remounted the post and found a new box and I've been happy as can be. Apparently, the mailman much prefers the mailbox to driving up our crazy driveway, because this is what I found yesterday:



That's a full size copy-paper box! I'm not sure how the mailman got it in there, but I could barely get it out. Glad we got the big one...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Sorry the "big one" wasn't from London....imagine that postage! Just to let you know, there is a "small one" on the way. It is the remainder from the first one, which the postman told us was originally too heavy for the size of the box! Hence, the rest is coming.........

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Robin said...

WOW...now that's a big mailbox!!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger DustBunniesCanWait said...

Holy Cow! I need me one of those!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home