Monday, January 01, 2007

All-Powerful Reeling Machine

I'm starting the knitting new year out with a bang!

First a finished object (many moons have passed since the last one!):



These are the
Rib-And-Cable Mitts fingerless gloves from Interweave Knits Spring 2006. I used #3 dpns and Knit Pick's Elegance in two colors to make a planned mismatched pair. I modified the pattern slightly by adding a rib to the top around the fingers so the fit would be a little tighter than the knit roll top originally called for. They feel really good on and if it would get cool, I might even get to wear them.

Santa (actually it was Mrs. Claus) slipped a few fun items under my tree: a ball winder and swift. I thought it would be fun to break them in on New Year's Day.



I knew that I selected an auspicious day when I opened the directions to see this:



Feel the power? I sure did! Here's the before and after of the yummy Scarlet Fleece Impressions from Holly Spring Homespun.



After winding a few balls, I "wound" up with a snowman:



Happy New Year everyone (and keep your fingers crossed for some snow!).

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! You are a knitting and reeling machine. : ) Just started my own blog, come visit. Look forward to knitting with you in 2007!

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...now that's cute! I'll have to remember that for next years Christmas decorations---"Ye Ole Yarn Snowman"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home