Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Pink Lemonade

They're done! I am so excited to be able to say that about a pair of socks. I cast on the second one Friday evening and flew through it to finish Tuesday night. True, they are children's socks, but that's like greased lightening for me!! If I stick to anklets and kids' socks, I'll be Nancy Bush in no time!

These were knit on #1 dpns (ugh!) in Knit Picks Sock "Garden Star Gazer Lily". But we call it "Pink Lemonade" because, well, that's what it made me think of when the yarn arrived. Only one skein made the pair for my 5.5 year old. I really like the way they feel - hope they wear well, too. There was minimal pooling on the first sock, but the second one would have been completely different on each side if I hadn't broken the yarn and spread out the yellow love. I don't really love how I rejoined the yarn, so I need to look into how to do a better job of that.

Here is the parade of f.o. photos:



A pair of lovelies on my littlest lovely. LOVE the fit!



Heels done in variegated yarns just crack me up. They're like little horsie noses. Just want to pat 'em.



I like how the second pair wound up with a yellow edge at the the top (on one side).

And now to tackle big, scary man-socks (the socks, not the man!) for my better half. Don't expect progress updates any time soon!

4 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Those are awesome! The colourway is lovely, and they fit really well. I'm sure they are much enjoyed. :0)

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Nice socks! :-)

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Gorgeous!
Good luck with the man socks. They take forever!!

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooiii, lovely colours and beautiful photos of your work. I want to be toes in those socks! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home