Monday, October 23, 2006

Knitting Chickens

Two things (of many) that make me happy inside: chickens and knitting. Really!

As I try to find examples and practices of each in my daily life, I have been quite pleasantly surprised to notice how many combined instances there are.

Case in point:

















To celebrate Fun Friday (a mostly weekly event around here), we watched Disney's animated "Robin Hood". Well, there in the opening credits was Lady Cluck - a KNITTING CHICKEN!

Hanging out at the library, I spied this book:

















I think this family is technically a family of ducks, but I won't quibble over the poultry. The mother only knits on the cover (what's with that?), but there it is: KNITTING POULTRY!

I did recently spy a western/circus book with a cowboy knitting a purple scarf with chickens running around on the same page. Close, very fun, but not a direct hit.

Do let me know if you see any knitting chickens around, would you?

5 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget the knitting chicken in CHICKEN RUN!!
Image at:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/chicken_run/photos.php?page=1
(next to the shot of an actress with crossed arms)
Sheila
NYC

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Charity said...

I do so love pictures of knitting, whoever is doing it! :0)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Here's a knitting chicken postcard I put on my blog this past Easter:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5724/431/1600/JoyfulEastertide.jpg

Enjoy!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger  said...

Realizing he might have dug himself in there,Microsoft Office 2010the general emphasized that Office 2010he had spent some time as a junior Office 2007officer working "very closely Microsoft Officewith the Israeli air force" and that heMicrosoft Office 2007had found that "more cosmopolitan,Office 2007 key liberal version of the Israeli population" Office 2007 downloadto be just chock full Office 2007 Professionalof that sort of "goodwill" necessary Windows 7to give a bunch of land back Microsoft outlook 2010to the Palestinians.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger britney sayers said...

http://www.fishingcostaricaexperts.com/
 
Costa rica Fishing

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home