Monday, October 23, 2006

Knitting Chickens

Two things (of many) that make me happy inside: chickens and knitting. Really!

As I try to find examples and practices of each in my daily life, I have been quite pleasantly surprised to notice how many combined instances there are.

Case in point:

















To celebrate Fun Friday (a mostly weekly event around here), we watched Disney's animated "Robin Hood". Well, there in the opening credits was Lady Cluck - a KNITTING CHICKEN!

Hanging out at the library, I spied this book:

















I think this family is technically a family of ducks, but I won't quibble over the poultry. The mother only knits on the cover (what's with that?), but there it is: KNITTING POULTRY!

I did recently spy a western/circus book with a cowboy knitting a purple scarf with chickens running around on the same page. Close, very fun, but not a direct hit.

Do let me know if you see any knitting chickens around, would you?

3 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget the knitting chicken in CHICKEN RUN!!
Image at:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/chicken_run/photos.php?page=1
(next to the shot of an actress with crossed arms)
Sheila
NYC

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Charity said...

I do so love pictures of knitting, whoever is doing it! :0)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Here's a knitting chicken postcard I put on my blog this past Easter:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5724/431/1600/JoyfulEastertide.jpg

Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home