Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Happy October!

Hallelujah, October is here! This is a big month in our house as many birthdays of family members fall in the first two weeks. A nephew may even be joining the elite October group any day now.

I am sick of this summer's heat, sick of sickness, and sick of no progress in knitting while I work away on the mattress stitching of the mitered square blanket for said nephew-to-be. So I was VERY happy to start the month out with a simple, pleasing finished project.




A knitted reminder of an important cause this month. I knitted this for a friend, a breast cancer survivor. I was aiming for October 1, but finished today. It's a simple (no fringe!) 2x2 rib made from Homespun "Cotton Candy". A fluffy, warm, fun neck hug for this winter.



And since we are turning our fickle backs on summer, a final goodbye to the garden is in order. I think that I am going to whack it all down this weekend. The tomato output has slowed and the bird house gourds are as big as I think they plan to be. Anyone know how to dry them? I think the neighbor on the other side of the fence will enjoy having his yard back. I really didn't think that tomatoes could cascade as they have this year. Waterfall might be a more appropriate term.

Happy October to you all!

2 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Tomato outpost! Greetings from tomato planet!

When you plant them they seem so small....and they just go everywhere!!! Wild things.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Beautiful scarf - a very thoughtful gift.

We're in the process of whacking down our garden, too. I love ripping up the vegetable garden, but it's hard for me to say goodbye to the flowers, even when there aren't any flowers left :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home