Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Happy October!

Hallelujah, October is here! This is a big month in our house as many birthdays of family members fall in the first two weeks. A nephew may even be joining the elite October group any day now.

I am sick of this summer's heat, sick of sickness, and sick of no progress in knitting while I work away on the mattress stitching of the mitered square blanket for said nephew-to-be. So I was VERY happy to start the month out with a simple, pleasing finished project.




A knitted reminder of an important cause this month. I knitted this for a friend, a breast cancer survivor. I was aiming for October 1, but finished today. It's a simple (no fringe!) 2x2 rib made from Homespun "Cotton Candy". A fluffy, warm, fun neck hug for this winter.



And since we are turning our fickle backs on summer, a final goodbye to the garden is in order. I think that I am going to whack it all down this weekend. The tomato output has slowed and the bird house gourds are as big as I think they plan to be. Anyone know how to dry them? I think the neighbor on the other side of the fence will enjoy having his yard back. I really didn't think that tomatoes could cascade as they have this year. Waterfall might be a more appropriate term.

Happy October to you all!

3 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Tomato outpost! Greetings from tomato planet!

When you plant them they seem so small....and they just go everywhere!!! Wild things.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Beautiful scarf - a very thoughtful gift.

We're in the process of whacking down our garden, too. I love ripping up the vegetable garden, but it's hard for me to say goodbye to the flowers, even when there aren't any flowers left :0)

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger qinbincai123 said...

A woman, especially, if she have kithg86 the misfortune of knowing anything,
should conceal it as well as she can.
Cheap Hats

Cheap New Era Hats

Wholesale New Era Hats

Cheap NBA Hats

Cheap MLB Hats

Fox Racing Hats

Red Bull Hats

Last Kings Snapback Hats

YMCMB Snapback Hats

Polo Hats

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home