Friday, August 04, 2006

It's On Now!

I talked my lovely neighbor, Pam, into a mini-KAL for the MD Moss Stitch Grid Hand towel. Really, this seemed like fun. I had Euroflax, she was using cotton thread (Aunt something "Denim" from Ben Franklin at $4.99 for a humongous cone) - it might be neat to see how things work up - or so I thought.

Here are the swatches:




I'm using size 5s, but realized that I don't have the yarn specified in the pattern. I didn't know there was more than one Euroflax. I'm using Geneva and it calls for Original. And a lot more of it than I have. I might be making a long, skinny washcloth!

Here is the Mutt-and-Jeff shot of our first rows:



Well, we can still do this. But I forgot something - I really don't like seed stitch. VERY time consuming. And why do they call it moss stitch. I think just to dupe simple people like me into thinking it is something more grand. Kind of like when I first heard of butter beans. Butter on beans sounds pretty good, huh? Oh no - they're just limas in major pretend mode (and I hate limas). Get behind me butter beans - I denounce you as the lima you really are.

Anyway, this is going to take a l-o-n-g time to knit. Pam thinks I am going to whip up on her because she can't knit in her job like I can. We've gotten together twice and I have maybe 12 rows to show for it. Even my husband noted "You have knitted much for all the time you've spent together" at which point we fell upon him with our spare needles. But I have a secret weapon:



Her yarn got all snarly and she has to detangle! I'll smile and wave when I pass her on the inside!

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Good luck with the dishclosh/washcloth/whatever-it-decides-to-be! It's always more fun doing a project with someone else :0)

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I hate limas, too! Butter beans indeed! Liars! Good luck with the flax!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home