Wednesday, July 26, 2006

She Knits

I have to take a minute to tell you about my lovely, talented friend Amy. She is getting ready to make her big debut this Saturday at the Richmond Farm Market. And man, can she make some cool things. She's the kind of person who sees something neato, gets an idea to make something else, and not only does it, but it is way cooler than the original.

In Amy's words, here's what's in store for Saturday:

I'm in! I'll be selling my handknits (with some crochet mixed in) at 17th Street Farmers Market this Saturday, July 29th from 9am-3pm. For those who haven't seen the stash, there are lined purses for women and girls, D-ring belts backed with grosgrain ribbon, baskets, and baby sweaters and hats. In the fall I hope also to have more items for winter. The purses are the latest addition and are crocheted out of hemp and lined with cotton with twisted handles. They are soft yet stiff enough to stand alone and with the bright lining, you can actually see the items inside! A great self-treat or Christmas gift.

The baskets and belts are my personal favorite, but the handknits are so sweet, and I really like the purses, and - well - it's all good! Really!

I was the lucky recipient of this basket in an impromtu craft swap:




She's so with it that she even has her own "branding" ideas. Now that's impressive.




Go see Amy Saturday and tell her I said "Hey!".

4 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Is this the same Amy that comes to Barnes & Noble on Huguenot Rd. and knits with us at TNK? And she does amateur photography? And she just finished a gorgeous orange sunrise circle jacket? If so, then I had no idea about her baskets and just may have to hit the farmer's market before they're all sold out, cuz I love yours! :-)

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Makes me wish I lived closer....

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Anne Margaret said...

Different Amy, but you'll love her stuff!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger vintagechica said...

I just found your blog via Kiddley and I love it! Thanks for the great ideas for repurposing, b/c we are all about that! Cant wait to read more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home