Friday, August 04, 2006

Garden Friday

I haven't kept with Garden Friday (showing shots of my garden each week), just like I haven't really kept up with the garden. Here's why:




Holy Hot Dogs! It's a jungle!! You can't even see the pots any more. And finding produce is a bit of a problem. The birds have no problems, though, finding tomatoes and peck holes in almost 5 out of every 6. Yuck! Usually they get the first few, then lay off, but not this year. Maybe because it is so dry? I'm actually picking the tomatoes I can find first a little less than red so we can actually eat one. And our cucumbers - another yuck. They all have an awful taste to them. Kind of like the bitterness you sometimes get in the ends, only throughout the whole cucumber. I have high hopes for the assorted vines we planted, thinking something has to come out right. But if it did, we might never find it in the tangle!



My littlest offspring loves watering and I often find her watering any plant within the reach of the hose that strikes her fancy. Which is OK as every plant is super thirsty right now.

Here's hoping for a summer shower (and an early freeze!).

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Wow at all the plants! Adorable pics!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Shame on those nasty cucumbers! hate that.

When I was knocked up with girlpants I had a massive garden.....and lots of green beans. EXCEPT they tasted awful! the worst beans ever. hairy and nasty. and I love green beans! the disapointment is mighty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home