Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Think Pink

Thanks to Mary, I sent off a pink scarf to participate in the Think Pink Challenge.



If you're not into links, the Challenge consists of trying to collect 1000 (yes, thousand!) pink scarves for women facing breast cancer by the end of September. They'll be distributed in October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I made this very whimsical scarf from remnants of a former prolific knitter's stash. She used mostly acrylics, which works great for a scarf that you want to be able to clean. Lots of reds, whites, and pinks. It was fun to make as I used a sampler approach as suggested in Kids Knitting.



I hope this can lift some one's spirits this October. If you have time and some yarn in your stash, this might be a fun cause to support - with your needles, even!

3 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

The scarf looks great. I know that someone out there will find great comfort in that scarf.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Oh, Anne Margaret - that's beautiful! I love it! I know Syd will, too! You have put me to shame, though -- I still haven't finished the one I started -- it sits languishing in one of my many project bags. I think you've inspired me to finish it, once and for all! Perhaps on the train Thursday! :-)

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about our mistakes,
learn kithg86 from them.
Cheap New Era Hats

New Era Fitted Hats

Wholesale Cheap Hats

Wholesale New Era Hats

Cheap 59fifty Hats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home