Thursday, August 10, 2006

Garden Friday

The garden post is going out a day early because we are headed to the Beehive State. The fun thing about have an overplanted garden is that you discover things everyday. The vegetables get kind of big before I discover them. And when you don't remember what you planted, it is even more surprising!

Here's the big mama I found yesterday - from outside the gate. I was hoping it was a watermelon (didn't we plant some watermelon?), but turn out it is a birdhouse gourd.



And here is one of the many babies on the way:



We even have a few sunflowers poking through:



And beside it all is a pretty little magnolia tree that is throwing out some very pretty blossoms:



Looks like the plants are thriving despite the heat!

4 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I grew a gourd once -- fun! It still lives on my window sill....

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

That reminds me that I have a gourd that I need to get the seeds out of and plant. I wonder if it's too late. Hopefully not.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Madge said...

Great Gourds!! I have a neighbor over here growing gourds as well. she paints hers.
Ok, I give up! Which is the beehive state?

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A lady's imagination is very rapid; it kithg86 jumps from admiration to love,
from love to matrimony in a moment.
Wholesale Cheap Hats

Wholesale New Era Hats

Cheap New Era Hats

New Era Fitted Hats

Cheap Wholesale New Era Hats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home