Monday, October 09, 2006

Finito!!

I am SO SO SO happy to announce the arrival of...

.... the mitered square blanket!

But first - the last, arduous steps.

Before the mattress stitching marathon and the garter stitch border, there was the blocking. Do not listen to your
friend (even when it is REALLY what you want to hear) when she assures you that blocking your squares can be easily accomplished all at once in the washing machine. If you try it yourself - here's what you get:



After much detangling, I was able to lay out the squares and realize that the squares were so different in size. Was it the machine mangling or my tension shifting? Who knows - I was marching to the end - and taking no prisoners!

Here is what my lovely pals (thanks Amy, Pam, and Mary - and the beer!!) came up with for block placement. Happiness is a digital camera. I just carried around my camera and compared blocks to recreate the placement when seaming the blocks. Easy peasy!



And here's my baby:



And some of my favorite combinations:




Love how the blue stripes lined up in this four-square set:


I liked how the "outside" corners met up in the center:



Welcome to the world little blanket. Hope you have fun with my new nephew - and thank you for arriving before he did!!

2 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Mary said...

That came out great!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Yay, yay, yay! Congratulations on a FO well done! Great work! :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home