Monday, October 09, 2006

How To/Not To Miter

I've reached the border knitting of my mitered square blanket. Not spellbinding (pun intended!), but SO very nice to be close to the finish line! So far, no baby news from my brother, so I may get this blanket done before my nephew arrives.

I couldn't find my copy of the MDK book, so I tried to remember the helpful hints posted on the MDK KAL and on Mason-Dixon itself. I decided to try the mitered border and set off picking up stitches. I was so happy to get to the actual knitting again (after MILES of mattress stitching), I forgot to increase every other row. If you skip the increases for the first 3-4 rows and then increase every row thereafter, you create a great hook:



If you behave yourself and do as you are told (something we all struggle with in this house, it seems) and make your increases on each end of every OTHER row, you create a beautiful 45 degree angle:



Let this be a lesson - behave yourself!




1 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Oh dear. Although I do have a plethora of your stuff, I do not have MDK. I will take the lesson to heart and do as I'm told.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home