Monday, October 16, 2006

Pumpkin Patch

I was quite taken with the Trick or Treat Bag from Lion Brand Yarn's website last year, but didn't get a chance to knit one. So this year, I'm making up for lost time!

I wanted to make two for my nieces and one for own dear daughter. I figured that they are small, so why not? So I fired up the Knit-O-Matic (me!) and cranked out two in time for a visit this weekend.

Here are the first two in their pre-felted state Friday morning done in Lion Wool with #7 needles:



And here they are all sewn up and be-ribboned. The pattern calls for embroidering the jack-o-lantern faces after construction, but anything I came up with looked awful. So I went with the more subtle (lazy!) insinuation of a jack-o-lantern.



They really shrunk on the height, but not as much on the width. And if you couldn't figure out what the now squatty orange blobs were, I included little hints:



I'll try my daughter's with the face done in intarsia. I'm curious to see if it will show up after felting, but it'll be a fun practice piece. Love the felting - it hides (almost) all sins! Now if only the black yarn will hold out for one more purse....

3 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Those are fabulous! and the bows rock the house!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Charity said...

These are great! :0)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Oh how cute! I was just looking at Kate Gilbert's pattern for the felted trick-or-treat bag http://www.kategilbert.com/s_jack.html, but I think yours is just as cute, if not cuter! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home