Monday, October 16, 2006

Pumpkin Patch

I was quite taken with the Trick or Treat Bag from Lion Brand Yarn's website last year, but didn't get a chance to knit one. So this year, I'm making up for lost time!

I wanted to make two for my nieces and one for own dear daughter. I figured that they are small, so why not? So I fired up the Knit-O-Matic (me!) and cranked out two in time for a visit this weekend.

Here are the first two in their pre-felted state Friday morning done in Lion Wool with #7 needles:



And here they are all sewn up and be-ribboned. The pattern calls for embroidering the jack-o-lantern faces after construction, but anything I came up with looked awful. So I went with the more subtle (lazy!) insinuation of a jack-o-lantern.



They really shrunk on the height, but not as much on the width. And if you couldn't figure out what the now squatty orange blobs were, I included little hints:



I'll try my daughter's with the face done in intarsia. I'm curious to see if it will show up after felting, but it'll be a fun practice piece. Love the felting - it hides (almost) all sins! Now if only the black yarn will hold out for one more purse....

6 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

those are too cute! every time I see a great project like this I remind myself I have to learn how to knit!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Those are fabulous! and the bows rock the house!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Charity said...

These are great! :0)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Oh how cute! I was just looking at Kate Gilbert's pattern for the felted trick-or-treat bag http://www.kategilbert.com/s_jack.html, but I think yours is just as cute, if not cuter! :-)

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger  said...

Realizing he might have dug himself in there,Microsoft Office 2010the general emphasized that Office 2010he had spent some time as a junior Office 2007officer working "very closely Microsoft Officewith the Israeli air force" and that heMicrosoft Office 2007had found that "more cosmopolitan,Office 2007 key liberal version of the Israeli population" Office 2007 downloadto be just chock full Office 2007 Professionalof that sort of "goodwill" necessary Windows 7to give a bunch of land back Microsoft outlook 2010to the Palestinians.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger britney sayers said...

http://www.fishingcostaricaexperts.com/
 
Costa rica Fishing

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home