Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Santa Surrender

Much has been happening around Casa Blancho, so much that we haven't been very good bloggers. I've been taking pictures, so I'll eventually catch you up. But having VERY uninspiring projects on the needles and the general hectic pace of Christmas has made knitting progress almost non-existent. Instead of trying to be productive or pretending that I'm getting any knitting done, I'm just surrendering to the Santa of it all.

My two little people are more than happy to help me. Every once in a while. some small person will call out "Raise your hand if you're excited about Christmas!" and the wriggling starts again. Do you remember being so excited about Christmas that you actually had to move?


Another perfect example came the other night. As I was puttering around through the end-of-the-day clutter rodeo, wondering what knitting I would be avoiding that evening, a little voice called down "Mom, look! I'm Santa!". Since she was in the bath, I kind of figured where this was going. But still - how cute are little kids with soap sud beards:



"Oh, honey" I replied, "we can do better than that!" And I brought out the secret weapon, hidden deep among the painting craft supplies: shaving cream! My daughter thought she had died and gone to play-in-the-bath-to-prolong-bedtime heaven.



Not so much fun when you get it in your mouth (or Santa's elves are getting a little cranky) :



"Oh - we forgot something else!" I called as I scurried down the stairs yet again to grab the last wardrobe detail:



What a happy little elf we had in the tub!!

And you know you're on to something fun when your big brother gets in on the action during his bath:




Please don't let them ever get too big to have so much fun for so long doing something so silly!

2 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I do not want people to be very agreeable, as kithg86 it saves me
the trouble of liking them a great deal.
Cheap New Era Hats

New Era Fitted Hats

Wholesale Cheap Hats

Wholesale New Era Hats

Cheap 59fifty Hats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home