Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It's All Gotta Go!

I had THE best time yesterday making use of Freecycle! I realized yesterday morning that it wasn't already 98 degrees by 9:00 a.m., so I scurried up the ladder to the attic to do a bit of therapeutic purging while the cool weather held. Whenever I get stymied by the lack of space in my house, I just start tossing. Watching an episode of Small Space, Big Style on HGTV just pushed me over the edge. Really - if someone can live in 430 sq. feet of space, I should be able to figure out where to put MY stuff!

So what does one do with unused skis in June - Freecycle! I was able to part with a pair of skis and poles (with their own bag), a pair of ski boots (with their own holder), 2 Elvis VHS tapes, a Fisher Price hockey/pool table, cookie cutters, a cookie press, a coffee maker, and a pair of 20 lb. hand weights (I told my sweetheart that he needed to put them away or I would - so there!). I think I started posting around 10 a.m. and everything was claimed and removed from my porch by 3:00 p.m. Woohoo! I wish losing weight were this easy!




And now I have an empty porch again. A faded door mat and pulverized sidewalk chalk never looked so good!

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I have been Freecycling stuff for ages--and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. My dad is a total packrat and leaves his shizzle for me to dispose of...which I DO!

A tiller, a fridge, a dishwasher, loads of other gear...I have told dad that when he goes on to the great packrat garage in the sky his USELESS collections are freecycling. He has not copped on to the fact that I hate doing it and he shoudl sell that shizzle himself....ok! enough dirty laundry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home