Friday, June 09, 2006

Garden Friday



Our "garden" is liking all the sunshine and warm weather - things are getting a bit crazy. They also really need some water, but I was holding out for yesterday's thunderstorm and haven't gotten around to playing with the hose yet today. It's #1 on my afternoon to-do list.



While out in the yard, I took this photo of our newest squirrel teaser - it's the Squirrel Bungee, aka the "Squngee" (really). The idea is for them to jump on the corn and bounce up and down on the covered elastic cord. There is even a bell so you can be alerted when the squirrels are jumping on the corn. Sound hilarious, but we haven't seen the little guys actually eating. They have managed to devour most of two ears of corn with no witnesses. Hopefully, we'll see them soon.

3 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

The squirrel thingie is hilarious!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

My crew (me included) would LOVE a squirungee! gotta crib one of those together. Is it s purchase or homemade (please say homeade....)

The garden is ROCKING! I am watching my tomatoes like a hawk; I have tiny (supertiny, like thimble sized) tomatoes coming. I cannot wait. I LOVE tomatoes. I get them AROUND the fourth of july....sometimes earlier if I'm lucky. Bring them on!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Where can I get one? I have several really fat...because they steal my 'entire' sunflower heads every year! They need some exercise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home