Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Here Kitty, Kitty!

The theme for Sew? I Knit this month/6 weeks is shirts. I'm pulling out a work that has been on hold a long time. This challenge will hopefully spur me on to actually get it done.



I saw the idea I'll be using in the
Handmades newsletter almost 2 years (?) ago and loved it (their website has a ton of idea outfits). It's a little sleeveless smocked blouse with Hello Kitty's head picture-smocked in the center. The bright pink fabric will be the top and the Kitty patterned fabric might be a little skirt or capris. The catch is that there is no pattern for the head, but the owner was nice enough to send me an idea of how to make my own. Should be fun to figure out. Now - can I get this done in time?

2 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Mary said...

how does one picture-smock? what exactly IS a picture-smock? sounds complicated!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger DustBunniesCanWait said...

Can't wait to see the finished dress :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home