Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer of Socks

I thought I had missed the boat, but the Summer of Socks officially starts today. Oh, and so does summer. Explains why all the bathing suits are going on clearance and the trucks filled with back to school supplies have their back up alarms are beeping at the Target loading docks. No wonder I can't keep straight what season we are in!

Here is my sock project list:



1. Pink Lemonade socks - 2 at a time on 2 circs - simple pattern from Knit Picks - for ME! (or maybe my daughter is the #2 pattern strikes my fancy)

2. Smores socks - dpns - kids' pattern from a friend (thanks Mary!) - for my son

3. Jawoll Superwash denim-y socks - maybe 2 circulars - using a Sensational Socks that he'll pick - for my husband

4. Cascade Fixation - dpns - footie pattern from Cascade's site - for me

The order is going to be pretty random. I'd like to try #4 first because the heel treatment is similar to #1 and because I can wear cotton footies now - and because footie should equal quick.

Now I just need to crank out a few Leetle Bags and I'm ready to roll!

3 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!!!! Looks like you're off and running with plans for Summer of Socks. Can't wait to see them up and going. Good on ya'!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Madge said...

The colours of yarn for your Summer of Socks look wonderful! Happy knitting...one uneducated question, please...what is a white turkey's foot doing sticking out of your nice yarn?

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger dvd sets said...

And who better to be in the role of a wise-guy than Robert Downey, Jr. Man, did he nail the role of Stark! my three sons: The Complete series on dvd ,my wife and kids: The Complete series on dvd ,And the rest of the cast and acting in the movie were terrific. Iron Man takes you from Stark's creation of the gold-titanium-alloy suit to his confrontation with those that would see Stark Industries commit treason.newhart: The Complete series on dvd ,night court: The Complete series on dvd , There's plenty of action and tons of visual candy. The story is well-written for the screen and the directing will probably put Jon Favreau in the sought-after category.

The acting's great. I think Terrence Howard (Colonel Rhodes) is going to be the next Denzel Washington.series box sets,perfect strangers: The Complete series on dvd , He's a good actor and easy on the eyes. Jeff Bridges broke out of type and served as a pretty amazing Obadiah Stane. series box sets,perfect strangers: The Complete series on dvd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home