Sunday, February 26, 2006

Puff Completed

It's done!

Here's what my daughter saw on her seat at the table this morning!

It's a bit big, so I need to check my gauge and research negative ease, but she can wear it and it looks so cute. The tassel is a winner!

Particulars: I used size 7 dpns and I think the hat and its sizing could have excelled with a size 6 or 5 (neither of which I had handy!). Also, very little more than a full skein was used, so maybe getting closer to the right size could have kept me within one skein. The cool crimp in the tassel comes from using yarn on the very inside of a center-pull ball of yarn. Very Raggedy Ann!

3 Comments:

At 2:04 AM, Blogger Madge said...

I like the PINK!!! makes me want to learn to knit, no really.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

Very cute! I hope you can get us a modeled shot.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Field TRIP!!!! I love the tassel too. Funny how kids are so definite about what they like...."I need this, pink like this, with this tassel. TODAY! oh, and a sandwich."

Of course I look just like the Avast guy. Its actually his hair I covet, not his sweater.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home