Saturday, February 25, 2006

Pink Peppermint Puff

My first post! Here's what I am working on at the moment:
















A swatch sample of some lovely yarn! I found it at Holly Spring Home Spun - with a hat for my daughter in mind. It's Filatura Di Crosa Baby for Tahki Stacy Charles "Zarella" color 32. I have no idea what part of that name is the yarn brand or name, but that's why I wanted to blog - to keep track of projects and their particulars. I think it looks like a big pink peppermint puff!

















Here she is pointing to the hat topper she'd like.

I am making a hat for her from Ann Bud's The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I love how this book gives you all the combinations to make anything once you have a yarn and needle size in mind. As a newer knitter I find it so frustrating to find the perfect pattern, but not the right yarn. Or a great yarn, but no pattern, or you can't get the gauge you need. I checked this book out of the library until I couldn't renew it anymore - that's how I know when it is time to buy the book!

So a swatch was knit this morning (and I finally understand why you swatch in the round if that's how the item will be made - my knits being way looser than my purls - is that true for everyone or just European throwers or beginners or?) for me to figure out what instructions to use.

I was lucky to get together with friends for a monthly un-retreat and I brought this project. You can see today's progress in the book picture. My goal : to complete this hat as soon as possible to keep her head warm and to be able to show it to the Holly Spring Home Spun ladies this Wednesday when we go for a field trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home